Technical Coordinator (Six Months/ Part-Time)
Euro-IX is looking for a Technical Coordinator for the Internet eXchange Point Database (the IXPDB), for an initial six-month period with the possibility of extension.
Euro-IX is an association of Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) that works to promote an open interchange of knowledge and experience for the mutual advantage of the membership by hosting events, mailing lists, and on-line resources. Euro-IX currently has 72 member IXPs spread across 52 countries.
About the IXPDB
The Internet Exchange Point Database (IXPDB) is an authoritative, comprehensive, public source of data related to IXPs which includes data collected directly from over 250 IXPs through a recurring automated process. The collected data can be accessed through a graphical web interface or API with global, regional, or individual granularity.
Euro-IX is looking for a part-time Technical Coordinator to drive development of the IXPDB’s web-based data visualisation system. These visualisations help to promote the IXPDB by demonstrating the data’s scope and usefulness. They also help the community make practical use of the data without having to interact with the command-line API. The Technical Coordinator will work under the direction of the Managing Director for a six-month contract period with the possibility of extension. Work under this contract can be performed remotely.
- Drive and deliver the development of the IXPDB’s web-based data visualisation system in order to achieve the general objectives outlined in Phase 1 of the IXPDB Community Project.
- A strong familiarity with Internet infrastructure, IXPs, and interconnection related concepts.
- A strong working knowledge of relevant web-based data visualisation technologies and techniques.
- Significant project management experience, ideally from within the Internet industry.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Experience working with GitHub/GitLab the Django Python web framework is preferred.
Experience working with open-source software is preferred.