Access to meeting room and internet.
"Salon Rhein" on the 1st floor of the
- Welcome from 9th Forum Chair - Christian Panigl VIX
- Explanation of programme and 'real-time' polls
- Introduction from DE-CIX (Forum host)
One representative from each attending IXP will be asked to
introduce themselves and give a very brief summary of
developments/issues within their IXP and one suggestion/idea
for the future of Euro-IX.
Please keep this to less than two minutes per IXP.
Our Patrons will then be given the opportunity to do the same.
- Maintenance Stories - Mike Hughes
- Introduction to Internet2 - Simone Arena
- Public Administration Network in Italy - Daniele Arena
- Growing pains of a small but somewhat old IXP - Carlos Friacas
1. Opening of 11th General Meeting
2. Agenda approval
3. Approval of 10th GM minutes
4. Address from all board nominees
- Current market news - Remco van Mook
- Power requirements - Ludwig Pregernig
- Availability, Pricing and Market effects in the UK - Vanessa Evans
- AMS-IX plans for own facility - Job Witteman
- Panel discussion
This session will introduce our newly affiliated patrons to the membership and Ian Robertson will pose the following questions to each of them:
1/. What is the anticiapted end of life / end of support of your current range of products?
2/. What is your position regarding OEM equipment? Do you think that that not allowing installation of third party equipment such as memory or transceivers will hurt your business?
3/. Can you add a feature based on a customer's request (e.g. port security on Etherchannels.) Can you give an example of when you have done this?
4/. Why will your company still be in business in 2008 and beyond?
Welcome drinks followed by dinner at:
At the base of the Eurotower,
5. Budget for 2007
a) Presentation of the Euro-IX budget for 2007
b) Approval of the the Euro-IX budget for 2007
6. Standing down of Board members
7. Executive Board Elections
a) Explanation of voting system (STV)
c) Ballot count and results
8. Aob & Next GM
- Update from IEEE HSSG - Henk Steenman
- Switch vendor mailing lists
- Co-locating TLD servers at IXPs - Kurtis Lindqvist
- 6to4 relays near IXPs - Carlos Friacas
- Affect on traffic from the TPB bust - Kurtis Lindqvist
- Review of current events - Malcolm Hutty
- The common theme: "mere conduit" and the end-to-end principle
- A plan for defending "mere conduit" protection in the E-Commerce Directive
- sFlow developments - Elisa Jasinska
- Mapping IXP locations - Luca Cardone
- Marratech configurations - John Souter
- EBGP Responsiveness Enhancement on MIX Peering LAN through BFD - Mauro Magrassi
- The European IXP scene - Kurtis Lindqvist
- Euro-IX Staff eXchange - John Souter
- Euro-IX website - Job Witteman
- Round up from sessions
- Open mike
- Thank you
- Final announcements
to take forum attendees to both Terminals 1 and 2 of the
Frankfurt International airport.